Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2.

Our church each year has a 21 day fast.
A great way to start the year out
and this year, for the first time-I am participating.
I am fasting a few things.
Nothing big and most people would laugh because they seem small.
But they are big things.
Things that are in the way.
In the way of God in my life.
In the way of my time with Him.
He's funny about that.
He's a gentleman, but when He wants our attention,
we need to really give it to Him!

Right now He is doing some "house-cleaning" in me.
And at times I love it. I jump up and down in tears
and I'm so excited to share it with someone.
Then, at other times..it hurts.
and He takes me places I really don't want to be.
Places I was fine pushing down and leaving alone.
Places that I didn't realize were so desperately in need of healing.
And honestly, its NO fun.
But I am trusting in Him.
I know that my "awesomeness" is right around the corner.
I can feel it.
He will lead me.
I just have to make sure that as I follow,
nothing gets in my way.

This fast that I'm doing.
Instead of reaching for the few things I'm fasting,
I read my Bible.
The past few days I've been lead to read Genesis
in addition to the other reading I do.
He's taking me to the beginning.
Sometimes He does that in various ways.
Takes us back to the beginning.
Back to basics.
I'm loving it.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are in an exciting time in your journey, Heather. I am praying for you. I look forward to time together this weekend.

    Blessings,
    Nicci

    ReplyDelete